The Big Smoke.

The Big Smoke.

Tuesday 16 November 2010

Anna Sui for Anthropologie. Boho, no.

I love my Vintage Anna Sui dress i brought only this year in LA, its 'simply' quirky and i know not why or how I've come to that conclusion, perhaps it is subconsciously projecting some of her previously unique styles and oh so wonderful recent history-of vividly in my mind that makes me hold onto this piece, clutching it to the sky in an ' It's fashion. It's vintage way!'... Perfectly acceptable. And while it is familiar to see monochromatic pieces by the designer in her Anthropolgie collaboration. And although her signature and experimentation with print is present. I feel like i am being cheated out of the playful nature of the label (even though a trompe l'oiel dress is there for the taking). Tough client i know.

I forever anticipate the catwalks every season for the inspirational shows, and prints in particular, Anna Sui gives to us just like some revelation. I just cannot feel a connection with the pieces within this delightful store (in itself). Anthropologie i do adore you. Anna Sui you are an aspiration. So maybe next time, I'd just like to be 'moved' at least... A compelling must-have, buoyant, and/or irrational spontaneous purchase too much to ask? Surely not.

No comments:

Post a Comment