The Big Smoke.

The Big Smoke.

Sunday 24 July 2011

Amy Winehouse: The voice of a soul


I'm incredibly sad to hear the remarkable singer-songwriter has passed away, and on my birthday, so a date i will not forget. I loved her, my brother loved her, and because of this her outstanding, powerful and soulful voice meant alot to me, and i will miss her music without exception. 

The Observer today quoted her "She was a sweet, tiny thing with this huge great voice" which epitomises her perhaps, perfectly.

The Grammy award winning star simply bordered on the genius to us all; i can only imagine performing at Nelson Mandela's 90th Birthday party last year in Hyde Park was a highlight of her career, a wonderful highlight, and my thoughts are with her family.

Stylist magazine today has a considered tribute, in pictures, to the singer http://www.stylist.co.uk/people/in-pictures-amy-winehouse

Russell Brand in the Guardian with a genuine account of the singer in his eyes, and a beautiful piece.  http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jul/24/russell-brand-amy-winehouse-woman

No comments:

Post a Comment